After 10 years of schooling, during which a student receives supervised attention, he enters an intermediate program and is suddenly exposed to a totally new environment. Here the student is treated as an adult, given considerable latitude and asked to take responsibility of his career planning and actualization. Here, he lays the foundation for the professional career he aims to pursue later in his life. These two years in the college are therefore extremely important for his/her personality development and preparation for an arduous professional journey.
The intermediate of Computer Science (ICS) program provides a general education in many aspects of Computer Science and Software Development. Computers have revolutionized the way we live today. Most facets of our lives depend, to a greater or lesser degree, on computers. From telephone systems to security systems, accounting to marketing, baby monitors to auto-pilot options, every industry, every household and every office is looking to ‘up grade’ itself by means of new technology and new software. This has invariably given rise to a high demand for computer scientists around the globe. The ICS program prepares students to become a part of this growing industry.
- The duration of the program is two years. The BISE will conduct terminal examinations on completion of 1st Year and 2nd Year’s sessions.
- This program is accredited by the BISE Rawalpindi in Rawalpindi and FBISE Islamabad in Islamabad and Wah Cantt. It is fully recognized within Pakistan and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sectors.
- There is one intake each year after the Secondary School Examination Results, students who are awaiting their results can also apply.
- Class Timings
- Classes are held from Monday to Saturday (6 days a week) between 07:30 a.m. to 03:30 p.m. to utilize best timings of at-least four hours daily.
- As per policy of Indus Group of Colleges, 85% class attendance is compulsory at any time during the session to remain on the college rolls of bonafide students.
- Student Assessment and Evaluation
- Besides regular class tests, three internal/house examinations are conducted to fully prepare students for the Board’s examinations.
- ICS Part-I Subjects
- Islamic Education and Pakistan Studies
- Elective Subjects
- Physics / Statistics / Economics
- Computer Sciences